How to Create Bootable Pendrive / USB
I think today there are so many ways to install the operating system on your computer. Many peoples do it by using bootable window CD/DVD. But by this method we can’t install windows so many times because after certain time they got scratch and couldn’t install window properly, Because CD/DVD life is limited and also it is so difficult to put this bootable disc on safe place and remember where you have kept it when needed. So, today I gonna show you that how to make bootable Pendrive or USB.
On other hand, not all Computers have working CD or DVD Drives. And this thing creates a big issue for those who want to install operating system via Disc method. So, today I gonna show you that how to make bootable Pendrive or USB.
Create Bootable Pendrive
Make Bootable Pendrive or USB Without Command Prompt.
- First of all you will need to download Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool & Direct Windows download tool and install it, Follow the steps which are shown in below pictures.
- This tool is available for free from Microsoft Corporation and also direct from Google as well as you can get it from above link. You can use this tool for any version of Windows.
- After downloading and installing the tool, run it, now you need to Browse and give the path where the ISO file is located in your computer.
- Now select whether you want to create a bootable DVD for windows or you want it to be a Bootable Pendrive. Here you need to select USB device because you want to make bootable Pendrive.
- Browse and select the Pendrive which you want to make bootable. Make sure that the Pendrive has at least 4GB, Now click on Begin Copying.
- Once you begin copying, the tool will start creating bootable Windows (7,8 or 10) USB to installer flash drive using the Windows ISO. Let this process complete, lastly when you see the message “Bootable USB Device created successfully”, you can restart your PC and boot from the USB drive.
Make Bootable Pendrive or USB With Command Prompt.
Another way to creating a USB Pendrive is using command prompt and it is not so hard, it is one of the most common ways to create a bootable USB.
But this method does not work if your operating system is windows XP or windows 8, because you cannot select the primary partition in command prompt.
Using DISKPART command
- Insert your USB flash drive to your running computer. As the first step, we need to run Command Prompt as administrator. To do this, we need to find cmd by typing ‘cmd‘ in the search box on Windows Start Menu. After search result for ‘cmd‘ appears, right click on it and select “Run as administrator“.
- Type ‘diskpart‘ on Command Prompt (without quotes) and hit Enter. Wait for a while until the DISKPART program run.
- Type ‘list disk‘ to view active disks on your computer and hit Enter. There would be seen that the active disks shown asDisk 0 for hard drive and Disk 1 for your USB flash drive with its total capacity.
- Type ‘select disk 1‘ to determine that disk 1 would be processed in the next step then hit Enter.
- Type ‘clean‘ and hit Enter to remove all of data in the drive.
- Type ‘create partition primary‘ and hit Enter. Creating a primary partition and further recognized by Windows as ‘partition 1‘.
- Type ‘select partition 1‘ and hit Enter. Choosing the ‘partition 1‘ for setting up it as an active partition.
- Type ‘active‘ and hit Enter. Activating current partition.
- Type ‘format fs=ntfs quick‘ and hit Enter. Formatting current partition as NTFS file system quickly.
- Next type ‘exit‘ and hit Enter. Leaving DISKPART program but don’t close the Command Prompt instead.
Create Bootable Pendrive